Best Home Additions in San Diego
Considering a home addition is very exciting!
Perhaps you're adding a bathroom, sunroom, bedroom, or even a second story, all of which will add some serious value to your home.
But be careful...
Choose the wrong contractor and the process can be quite painful.
If you've ever done any home remodeling or renovations, you understand the stress it can bring your family:
- Weeks or months of limited or no access to your home
- Feeling like you can't leave the crew alone
- Changes that push back the due date
- Even stress on your marriage
If that's the case for a simple kitchen or bath remodel, how much more so could the stress of a home addition be! That's why your choice for home addition contractor is absolutely critical.
Why Teknik is Your Stress-Free Home Additions Contractor
We love our clients and our clients love us, but let's face it...They don't want us in their house longer than we need to be.
Fortunately, "timely completion of projects" is our middle name!
Take it from our happy customers:
- "Once again done on TIME!"
- "Kevin had the work done as if it were his own house and the project was completed before the contractual completion date." Jack B., San Diego, CA
- "Kevin told me to allow 25 days and it was done in just over two weeks."
Maybe that's why we've racked up dozens of 5-star reviews on HomeAdvisor.com. We would love for you to read some of our reviews!
The secret is our proprietary "Perfect Remodel Plan" coupled with out "Teknik Three T Promise."
Our Perfect Remodel Plan - The #1 Reason You Can Trust Teknik with Your Home Additions in San Diego
Our 3-step plan ensures your project will exceed your expectations and be completed on-time.
Step 1: Dream Design
We’ll collaborate with you to transform your dark and outdated space into bright and inviting space. It all starts with your free consultation so book now!
Step 2: True Quote
You can trust our service agreement! We get to know your home intimately before working on it to ensure we stick to budget with no change orders.
Step 3: Complete On-Time
We'll make your dream come true and do it on-time and on budget! Then it's party time! Perhaps leave out your friends who get jealous easily.
The Teknik Three T Promise
We live by our "Three T" promise:
- True Quote - No bait and switch. You can trust our agreement
- Trustworthy Crew - You'll love our employees and get to know them on the job!
- Timely completion - We complete 99% of our projects on time
You see, the problem we see most other home additions contractors in San Diego is...lack of proper planning and quoting and then sending a different team of subcontractors to each of their jobs.
Notice how "the other guys'" start their project early in the timeline which leads to delays.
Here is the typical timeline we see most contractors keep with their home addition plans.
Your contractor will:
- Visit your home once - (They typically take measurements once and nothing more to ensure accuracy)
- Send a proposed plan - (They typically do not have the project staffed. They'll hire a subcontractor for the job if they get it)
- Start the project - (Hopefully they can find a subcontractor to start the project on-time. If not, your project will be delayed)
- Find Surprises - (Almost invariably, surprises come up due to lack of investigation and planning.)
- Propose Changes and Delays - (The surprises lead to change orders, increased project costs, headaches, and their team needlessly staying in your house weeks or months beyond the initial projected completion date.)
You don't have time for delays and headaches!
Call the pros who get the job done right on-time, every time.
Types of Home Additions We Offer
The options are limitless, but here are some of the common home additions we can help you with:
- Second Story
- Extra Bedroom
- Adding a master suite
- Extra bathroom
- Backyard Deck or Patio
- Front porch or courtyard
Whether you are due for a home renovation or are looking for help with room additions in San Diego, bathroom remodel San Diego, our crew is ready to make your house perfect. From bathroom and kitchen projects to the addition of a beautiful sunroom, we are prepared to update and improve your property.
What is the cost of a home addition?
Asking this question is sort of like asking how much a car costs. Obviously, the answer depends a lot on the features. So unfortunately, we can't estimate the cost of a home addition by square footage or the cost of a 20x20 room addition here. We have a home addition cost calculator we use here. The only way to find out is to schedule a free consultation.
How long does it take?
Typically a home addition takes several weeks or possibly months. It depends on the scope of the project.
Do you use sub-contractors?
In rare instances, we subcontract out work. For 95% of your project, you'll see the same, friendly faces at your home every day.
If you are searching for a reliable licensed contractor who has experience designing and building custom home additions in San Diego, then you have come to the right place.
The team at Teknik Inc. has more than 20 years of hands-on experience with room additions for residential properties, so you can rely on our expertise for the results you need. We have the knowledge and resources necessary to create a new room that enhances your life or work while increasing the value of your property.