We know how much you'd love for your kitchen to have ample cabinet storage, an excellent pantry, expanded counterspace, and continuous flooring throughout the main floor that will tie it all together!
We are dedicated to making your kitchen remodeling dreams come true. From 92023 and 92024 to 92007 and 92075, we've got crew members who have been renovating Encinitas kitchens for over 20 years.
Here are the resources we've put together for you:
- Kitchen remodel cost - the bad news first
- Design firm & contractor or design-build firm?
- The sane i.e., clear process i.e. The Perfect Remodel Process
Man, we know about being overwhelmed and not knowing where to start during these times.
But don’t worry. In this article, we'll show you how and where to start!
Read on for the first three things you MUST KNOW before you begin!
1. Kitchen Remodel Cost - The Bad News First
We are so glad you've decided to scan this article in preparation for your kitchen remodel. Welcome!
A quick recap on costs:
In 2015 excellent kitchen remodels, large and small, were being done for $60,000 to $130,000 + appliances and finishes.
In 2019 kitchens were costing anywhere from $65,000 to $140,000 + appliances and finishes.
In 2020 and 2021 everything was in a state of flux. By "everything", we mean material cost, material ETA's, labor cost, labor availability and everything in between.
Thank goodness lumber is no longer 300% of what is cost in 2019. Still, all materials are up double digits and most are up between 20% and 60%. This shouldn't scare you, but it should create perspective.
That being said, we're doing kitchens right now between $85,000 and $180,000+. Most single family home kitchens are >$100,000 + finishes and appliances.
So far, the numbers are tracking for 2022 to remain in that range.
Please call 858-775-7628 for more information.
2. Kitchen Design Firm & Contractor or Design-Build Firm?
Home owner wants a remodel. Home owner starts asking around. Home owner finds someone who does something in construction and the opinion-gathering begins.
It's a normal experience to start research through organic methods like asking friends, coworkers or neighbors. But it is also considered "normal" to have delays, change orders, and project timelines that just don't work out.
We're here to help you take your power back!
Don't allow miscellaneous opinions from people who aren't paying for your project direct you to generic general contractors. Over 4500 entities in San Diego county hold a B-License; a general contractors license. But most of those aren't qualified for your project!
So "how do I choose the right contractor for my project?"
You want a design-build firm so that the team estimating and the team building are on the same team. You can value-engineer without paying over $100/hr for revisions. Furthermore, you can discuss options and accomplish adjustments in the scope with speed.
Interview three or interview ten. But please, make them design-build firms!
Being a home owner who tells their architect, designer or family friend what they want and their target budget, has the designs drawn up, submits to the city and acquires their permit without first seeking council from a firm that designs, estimates and builds (this is your triple-threat key!).
Finally, the #1 reason for heartbreak in the remodel process is that the home owner innocently gives their power away to a designer who hasn't earned trust by demonstrating project after project on BUDGET!
Take It From Our Happy Customers
"Kevin had the work done as if it were his own house and the project was completed before the contractual completion date." - Jack B., San Diego, CA
“This is our second remodel with Kevin. Once again, done on TIME! Great job! Just sorry we’re out of bathrooms! 🙂 He’s on speed dial in case we have another project.” - Gary G., Encinitas
“Kevin told me to allow 25 days and it was done in just over two weeks.” - Gina H., San Diego, CA
Call (888) 747-2013 or click here for a free consultation now!
3. A Sane, i.e. Clear Process
So what's all this about a clear process for Encinitas kitchen remodels? Let's get into it.
Free In-Office Consultation
- This is a conference call on which we discuss property info, project info, target scope, target budget, and the design process including design concepts, construction documents, permitting and material selections.
Free Phone Consultation
- First look at your home on the big screen in our conference room, discuss use & function of space, lifestyle, tangible & intangible goals. We will also revisit scope & budget to confirm that the desired scope can be supported by the desired budget.
- Next, we collaborate to determine the best design process for your specific project! This is like grocery shopping; you go get what you need and leave the rest.
- Then, we get started on the design process! Call 858-775-7628 for additional information and to find our which design items are available to you!
- This step determines your dream design!
Teknik True Quote
- Now that we've got clarity on your dream design, we can estimate, value engineer and find that perfect balance in your Teknik True Quote.
- Next, if you'd like to compare it to the national and west coast averages, you can use the Cost vs. Value PDF from remodeling.com
- The Teknik Clean Cut Crew only gets started once all materials are on-site or around the corner! Waiting to begin gives us the ability to work continuously without leaving the jobsite on "breaks" due to missing materials.
- Our raving fans talk most enthusiastically about our Teknik Clean Cut Crew members. Since our employees are full-time with us, we can fully rely on our training, culture and quality control to make sure you've got the right trades being executed at the right times. No waiting on endless subcontractors who refuse to show up or communicate.
- Our Spoiled Rotten Customer Guarantee! We give you 10 business days after substantial completion to provide us with an exhaustive punch list. We make a 30-day warranty call and we make an 11-month warranty call. These calls are such relief and a joy because you're working someone who not only answers their phone, we call you to see if anything has come up!
- It's party time! Get ready for your neighbors to start interrogating you and taking pictures!
Where & How to Get Started on Your Encinitas Kitchen Remodel
Where to get started:
If it was us, we would check out customer reviews on three primary platforms:
- Home Advisor
- Yelp (honorary mention, but a lot more handyman services here than legit design-build firms)
Home owner questions usually answered by reviews: "Can I trust you?" "Are you on time?" "Will you treat my house/kids/pets/family well?" "Will you usually be right about the price and timeline estimates you give me?" "Will I be happy with just the finished product or will I enjoy the process of my remodel?"
All these and more will be addressed in reviews when you're searching for top kitchen remodel companies in Encinitas
How to get started:
If it was us, we would execute the following steps to get started and prepare for your kitchen remodel
- First, establish a top budget limit based on the finances available and the total investment that makes sense your home
- Then, establish which business model you're looking for; designers, builders, or design-build?
- Next, establish a needs list and a wants list. This will allow you to see how far down your priority list your budget can take you.
- Finally, you can visit houzz.com to create an account and start putting your "needs list" items into an Ideabook.
Thank you for spending this time on our blog! We hope that helps to move forward!
P.S. To check out our Perfect Remodel Process in detail visit teknikinc.com/about and feast your eyes!
Why Choose Teknik for Your Encinitas Kitchen?
Let us be your guide as you strive to avoid the blunders that make our industry look bad. When you work with us, we help you avoid:
Still apprehensive about calling? You'll be 100% protected with our Spoiled Rotten Customer Guarantee.
Step 1: Dream Design
We’ll collaborate with you to transform your dark and outdated space into bright and inviting space. It all starts with your free consultation so book now!
Step 2: True Quote
You can trust our service agreement! We get to know your home intimately before working on it to ensure we stick to budget with no change orders.
Step 3: Complete On-Time
We'll make your dream come true and do it on-time and on budget! Then it's party time! Perhaps leave out your friends who get jealous easily.
Call (888) 747-2013 or click here for a free consultation now!